Intro | Map 1 | Map 2 | Map 3 | Map 4 | Map 5 | Map 6 | Map 7
5a | 5b | 5c | 5d | 5e | 5f | 5g | 5h | 5i | 5j | 5k | 5l | 5m | 5n
- Passage up to the second deep.
- Guarded area. You are attacked by either two or four orcs. See note for the first level on actions that alert the guards.
- Stairs up to the first level (11).
- Passage down to the fourth deep.
- A magical barrier seals the passage. If you have Wizard lore, you know that the barrier is elvish in origin, not dwarven. You need the Lady token to pass through.
- A troll statue protects the passage. Using perception you can read words carved into the floor, if you have Dwarf lore. Should you walk south past the statue without "a sharp eye", i.e. without reading the text on the floor, the troll attacks.
- Use a prybar to move the stone slab. If you climb down the hole, you slip and fall, taking 2–8 points of damage. Use a rope instead. You end up in Durin's deep.
- Use a prybar to move the stone slab. If you climb down the hole, you slip and fall, taking 2–8 points of damage. Use a rope instead. You end up in a secret room full of spider webbing (10).
- If Gimli, Gandalf, or Kiri is present, he recognizes this place as the Bridge of Long Darkness.
- Secret room.
- a. If you used rope to climb down, answer Yes to get back up. Otherwise you have to climb, and lose 1–2 Life points out of exhaustion.
- b. You are attacked by five huge spiders, and when they are defeated, five more spring down on you.
- c. You get stuck in the spider webbing. You can use a torch, the Firefinger spell, or the Firestorm spell to burn the webbing, but you are also scorched yourself, taking 2–4 points of damage. Use the spider sword to get through unharmed. You exit through a one-way door on the sixth level – how ever you got up there!